How To Guides
Whenever you create a new document in MS Word you need to know how to save it so that you can easily access as well as edit the document later on. Word documents can be saved on your computer as well as on cloud by using OneDrive. Documents can also be exported and shared directly from MS Word. MS Word offers two different ways of saving the file which are Save and Save As. Both of these options work in a similar manner with just a few minor but important differences. You can also learn about How to Hide your Name and Email Address on Windows Login Screen.
Save: Whenever you create or edit a document you will use the Save the command for saving your changes. This command is used most of the times. When you have to save the file you will need to select a file name and location for the first time and after that you can click the Save command for saving it with the same location and name.
Save As: Save As command is used for creating a copy of a document while you will keep the original. Whenever you use the Save As command you have to select a different name and location for the copied version.
Saving a document:
- In order to save a document you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all locate and select the Save command on the Quick Access toolbar.
- Now if you are saving the file for the very 1st time the Save As pane will appear in the Backstage view.
- After this you need to select where to save the file and then give it a name. For saving the document to your computer, select Computer and then click Browse. (Alternatively you can click on OneDrive in order to save the file to your OneDrive.)
- Now the Save As dialog box will appear and then select the location where you need to save the document.
- Now in the next step you are required to enter the file name for the document and then click on Save.
- The document will be saved and you can click on Save command again once you modify the document.
Using Save As Command:
Now if you need to save a different version of a document while keeping the original you need to create a copy. For this you are required to click on Save As command in the Backstage View. After this you will need to select the location for saving the file and then need to specify the file name.
Using the AutoRecover option:
For using the AutoRecover option you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all open MS Word 2013 and if the Autosaved versions of a file are found the Document Recovery pane will appear.
- Now you need to click to open an available file and the document will be recovered.
Sharing a Document:
In order to share a document you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you need to click the File tab to access the Backstage View and then you need to click Share.
- The Share pane will appear with various different options for sharing the file.
When you use a Microsoft account for logging into your computer Windows display the real name as well as email address on the login screen which at times can be a huge concern of privacy especially when you are using the laptop in public. Now in order to hide your name and password in the login screen there are two different ways and we will discuss both of them in this tutorial. You can also learn about Making Your Own Windows 10 Theme.
Editing the Computer Policy to Hide Your User Information:
- 1st of all search for Local Group Polict Editor in the Windows taskbar and then press Enter.
- Now you need to navigate to Computer Configuration>Windows Settings>Settings>Local Policies>Security Options.
- Now double click “Interactive logon:Display user information when the session is locked”. This will tell the Windows which information you have to show on the login screen when your laptop is locked.
- Now you need to select “Do not display user information.”
- Click on Apply and after that click on OK.
- Now in the next step you are required to double click “Interactive logon: Do not display last user name”. This will tell Windows whether or not t display your user information when you boot your system.
- Now change the setting to Disabled and then click on OK.
Editing Registry to Hide Your User Information:
- 1st of all search for regedit in the Windows taskbar and the press Enter.
- Now you need to navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System.
- In the next step double click dontdisplaylastusername.
- In the next step change the value from 0 to 1 in Value data field and click OK.
- Now right click on an empty area in the right panel and then select New>DWORD Value.
- Now enter DontDisplayLockedUserID for the DWORD name.
- Now double click on DontDisplayLockedUSerID.
- Change the value from 0 to 3 in the Value data field and then click OK.
- Now when the next time you will log into your computer your personal information will be hidden.
If you are looking for changing how your desktop as well as windows look in Windows 10 and then share that design with friends then no worries as Windows 10 will let you create your own theme with custom desktop background, Start menu accent color and windows border. Now you can save these settings as a new theme file to use again and again or sending it to others.You can also learn about Giving Windows 10 a Dark Theme.
Now in order to create new theme you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you need to open the Start menu and select Settings.
- Now you need to select Personalization from the settings screen.
- Now you need to change one or more of the following:
- Desktop Background: For desktop background you can select picture, solid color or a slideshow and for that you can select default photos or you can click on browse for selecting some other background picture.
- Colors: Now you can either have Windows automatically select he accent color from your background or you can select the color for the Start menu tiles background as well as the thin border around windows. This will change the color of the Windows icon in the taskbar whenever you hover over it.
- Now click on Themes in the Personalization window and after that click on Theme settings.
- Now this will open the personalization settings in the Control Panel.
- In the next step you have to right click on the Unsaved Theme and the select Save theme,
- Now is the time to give your theme a name in the window dialog box and then click OK.
With these simple steps your new theme will be created and you can now switch between this newly created theme and other themes easily.
Majority of people prefer a light text on a dark background while navigating through menus on their computers and most of the visually impaired people find it very easy to read when working with dark and high contrast theme. The text of Windows 10’s widgets, menus, Edge browser and email client is black and blue by default. Now by tweaking a few settings you can easily give the entire operating system a new dark theme. You can also learn about How to Format Text in MS Excel 2007.
Editing Themes in Registry:
- 1st of all you need to open the registry editor by simply hitting Windows+R and typing regedit in the run field.
- Now you need to navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes by simply opening the tree in the left side of the window.
- Now in the next step you need to create an anew key by right clicking in the window pane and selecting New>Key.
- Now you need to name the key Personalize and open it.
- Now create a new DWORD value by right clicking in the right pane and by selecting New>DWORD.
- Now you need to name the DWORD “AppsUseLightTheme”.
- Now set the DWORD’s value to 0.
- Now you need to navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize.
- Now create a new DWORD named AppsUseLightTheme.
- Set its value to 0.
- Now you need to close the Regedit and the restart the PC.
Changing the Microsoft Edge to Dark Theme:
- 1st of all you need to launch Microsoft Edge.
- Now you need to open the menu by simply clicking 3-dot icon located at the upper right corner of the window.
- Now you need to select Settings.
- Now you are required to select the Dark from the theme pulldown.
- You will notice that the Edge menu bar has now become white on black.
Selecting the High Contrast Theme:
For selecting the high contrast theme you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all right click on the desktop and select Personalize.
- Now select the Themes from the left pane.
- Now you are required to click on Theme settings.
- Select High Contrast#1, High Contrast#2 or High Contrast Black.
- With this your entire desktop and Start Menu will have light text on the dark background.
In MS Excel when you enter the information into your spreadsheet you need to be able to format the information and in this tutorial you will learn how can you use bold, italic as well as underline commands. You can also learn about Clearing History and Cookies in Microsoft Edge Browser.
In order to format the cells you need to follow these simple steps.
Formatting text in bold or italics:
- 1st of all left click a cell in order to select it or drag the cursor over the text in the formula bar to select it.
- Now click on the Bold or Italics command.
- You can select entire columns and rows or some specific cells. In order to select the entire column all you need to do is to left-click the column heading and all the column will be selected.
Formatting Text as Underlined:
- Select the cell or cells which you need to format.
- Now click on the drop down arrow next to the Underline command.
- Now select the Single underline or Double Underline option.
Changing the Font Style:
- 1st of all select the cell or cells which you want to format.
- Now left click the drop-down arrow next to Font Style box on the Home tab.
- Now select the font style from the list.
Changing the Font Size:
- 1st of all select the cell or cells which you want to format.
- Now left click the drop-down arrow next to the Font Size box on the Home tab.
- Now select the font size from the list.
Changing the Text Color:
- 1st of all select the cell or cells which you need to format.
- Left click the drop-down arrow next to the Text Color command. You will notice that a color palette will appear.
- Now select the color from the palette.
- Select the More Colors and a dialog box will appear.
- Now select a color and then click OK.
If you are required to clear the cookies you need to know where the information has been stored in the Microsoft Edge browser plus you also have to know how to delete it. For all those who require a quick reminder, the history of browser is a log of all the websites which have been visited and cookies are the small pieces of data which are tracked by the websites for remembering the things like customization, saved preferences plus cache is the data which consists of small pieces of websites which are saved on the system for reducing the bandwidth requirements plus it will also let you speed up the browsing process. All the stored data which can be cleared is composed of passwords, form data, pop-up exceptions, full screen and location permission.You can also learn about Indenting Text in MS PowerPoint 2013.
You can clear all these things easily with Edge browser and for that you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you need to open the Edge browser.
- Now you need to hit the icon with three horizontal dots located at the top right of the window for opening the More menu. Click on Settings tab which is located at the bottom of More menu.
- Now is the time to click the Choose what to clear button which is located under the Clear Browsing Data label.
- Now you need to clcik on the check boxes next to the category of things which are required to delete. You will see a list of options by simply clicking on the drop-down tab which is labeled as “Show More”.
- Now you are required to hit the Clear button.
- With these simple steps you will be able to clear the history and as well as cookies in the Microsoft Edge.
Indentation is one of the most important features which can be used for changing the way text is appeared on a slide. Indentation can be used for creating multilevel listss or for visually setting the parapgraphs apart from each other. Indenting of text will let you format the layout of text so it will appear in a more organized manner in the slide. Tab key is used for indenting the text quickly and the alternative way of creating an indent is to use Indent commands. With these command the indent can be increased or decreased. You can also learn about WordArt Styles in MS PowerPoint 2013.
Indenting Text using Tab Key:
For indenting the text using tab key you need to place the insertion point at the start of the tline which you need to indent and after that you are required to press Tab key.
Indenting Text using Indent Commands:
For indenting the text by using the Indent commands you need to place the insertion point at the start of the line which you want to indent and then from Home tab you need to press Increase Indent or Decrease Indent command. For decreasing the indent you need to select the line and after that press Shift+Tab.
FineTunning the Indents:
Sometimes there are scenarios where you want to fine tune the indents in your presentations and you can fine tune them by adjusting the indent markers on the ruler. The ruler is hidden by default which means you need to show the ruler first. In order to show the ruler you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you need to select the View tab on the Ribbon.
- Now in the Show group check the box located nex to Ruler and the ruler will appear.