When you use a Microsoft account for logging into your computer Windows display the real name as well as email address on the login screen which at times can be a huge concern of privacy especially when you are using the laptop in public. Now in order to hide your name and password in the login screen there are two different ways and we will discuss both of them in this tutorial. You can also learn about Making Your Own Windows 10 Theme.
Editing the Computer Policy to Hide Your User Information:
- 1st of all search for Local Group Polict Editor in the Windows taskbar and then press Enter.
- Now you need to navigate to Computer Configuration>Windows Settings>Settings>Local Policies>Security Options.
- Now double click “Interactive logon:Display user information when the session is locked”. This will tell the Windows which information you have to show on the login screen when your laptop is locked.
- Now you need to select “Do not display user information.”
- Click on Apply and after that click on OK.
- Now in the next step you are required to double click “Interactive logon: Do not display last user name”. This will tell Windows whether or not t display your user information when you boot your system.
- Now change the setting to Disabled and then click on OK.
Editing Registry to Hide Your User Information:
- 1st of all search for regedit in the Windows taskbar and the press Enter.
- Now you need to navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System.
- In the next step double click dontdisplaylastusername.
- In the next step change the value from 0 to 1 in Value data field and click OK.
- Now right click on an empty area in the right panel and then select New>DWORD Value.
- Now enter DontDisplayLockedUserID for the DWORD name.
- Now double click on DontDisplayLockedUSerID.
- Change the value from 0 to 3 in the Value data field and then click OK.
- Now when the next time you will log into your computer your personal information will be hidden.
If you are looking for changing how your desktop as well as windows look in Windows 10 and then share that design with friends then no worries as Windows 10 will let you create your own theme with custom desktop background, Start menu accent color and windows border. Now you can save these settings as a new theme file to use again and again or sending it to others.You can also learn about Giving Windows 10 a Dark Theme.
Now in order to create new theme you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you need to open the Start menu and select Settings.
- Now you need to select Personalization from the settings screen.
- Now you need to change one or more of the following:
- Desktop Background: For desktop background you can select picture, solid color or a slideshow and for that you can select default photos or you can click on browse for selecting some other background picture.
- Colors: Now you can either have Windows automatically select he accent color from your background or you can select the color for the Start menu tiles background as well as the thin border around windows. This will change the color of the Windows icon in the taskbar whenever you hover over it.
- Now click on Themes in the Personalization window and after that click on Theme settings.
- Now this will open the personalization settings in the Control Panel.
- In the next step you have to right click on the Unsaved Theme and the select Save theme,
- Now is the time to give your theme a name in the window dialog box and then click OK.
With these simple steps your new theme will be created and you can now switch between this newly created theme and other themes easily.
Majority of people prefer a light text on a dark background while navigating through menus on their computers and most of the visually impaired people find it very easy to read when working with dark and high contrast theme. The text of Windows 10’s widgets, menus, Edge browser and email client is black and blue by default. Now by tweaking a few settings you can easily give the entire operating system a new dark theme. You can also learn about How to Format Text in MS Excel 2007.
Editing Themes in Registry:
- 1st of all you need to open the registry editor by simply hitting Windows+R and typing regedit in the run field.
- Now you need to navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes by simply opening the tree in the left side of the window.
- Now in the next step you need to create an anew key by right clicking in the window pane and selecting New>Key.
- Now you need to name the key Personalize and open it.
- Now create a new DWORD value by right clicking in the right pane and by selecting New>DWORD.
- Now you need to name the DWORD “AppsUseLightTheme”.
- Now set the DWORD’s value to 0.
- Now you need to navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize.
- Now create a new DWORD named AppsUseLightTheme.
- Set its value to 0.
- Now you need to close the Regedit and the restart the PC.
Changing the Microsoft Edge to Dark Theme:
- 1st of all you need to launch Microsoft Edge.
- Now you need to open the menu by simply clicking 3-dot icon located at the upper right corner of the window.
- Now you need to select Settings.
- Now you are required to select the Dark from the theme pulldown.
- You will notice that the Edge menu bar has now become white on black.
Selecting the High Contrast Theme:
For selecting the high contrast theme you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all right click on the desktop and select Personalize.
- Now select the Themes from the left pane.
- Now you are required to click on Theme settings.
- Select High Contrast#1, High Contrast#2 or High Contrast Black.
- With this your entire desktop and Start Menu will have light text on the dark background.
If you are required to clear the cookies you need to know where the information has been stored in the Microsoft Edge browser plus you also have to know how to delete it. For all those who require a quick reminder, the history of browser is a log of all the websites which have been visited and cookies are the small pieces of data which are tracked by the websites for remembering the things like customization, saved preferences plus cache is the data which consists of small pieces of websites which are saved on the system for reducing the bandwidth requirements plus it will also let you speed up the browsing process. All the stored data which can be cleared is composed of passwords, form data, pop-up exceptions, full screen and location permission.You can also learn about Indenting Text in MS PowerPoint 2013.
You can clear all these things easily with Edge browser and for that you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you need to open the Edge browser.
- Now you need to hit the icon with three horizontal dots located at the top right of the window for opening the More menu. Click on Settings tab which is located at the bottom of More menu.
- Now is the time to click the Choose what to clear button which is located under the Clear Browsing Data label.
- Now you need to clcik on the check boxes next to the category of things which are required to delete. You will see a list of options by simply clicking on the drop-down tab which is labeled as “Show More”.
- Now you are required to hit the Clear button.
- With these simple steps you will be able to clear the history and as well as cookies in the Microsoft Edge.
Normally you need a Mixed Reality headset in order to get a taste of Microsoft’s new MR content in the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. But if you have not got such a hardware then you can simulate it with just your computer. For running MR you need a machine with the these minimum specs: 8GB of RAM, 10GB of free space, an Intel HD Graphics 620 integrated GPU and a dual core Core i5-7200U CPU with Hyper-Threading Technology enabled. With MR simulation you can walk around a virtual house reminiscent of PlayStation Home and also can experience Windows apps like Edge, Skype and Photos. You can also learn about How to Map OneDrive as a Network Drive to See All your Files. In order to unlock the headset-free version of Mixed Reality Portal you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you need to click the Start button.
- After this you need to click the Settings gear.
- After this you are required to click on Update & Security.
- In the next step you need to click for developers.
- Now you need to select the Developer mode.
- Now click Yes.
- Click in the Search field in the taskbar.
- In the Search field type “mixed reality portal.”
- After this you need to select Mixed reality Portal.
- Now in the next step you are required to click on Get Started.
- Now you need to click on I agree.
- Click on Set up simulation after you discover if your hardware supports the experience.
- Now you need to click Set up.
- In the next step you are required to click the Tools icon located in the bottom left corner.
- Now turn the switch under Headset to the ON position.
- Now click on the Tools icon for hiding the panel.
- With these steps you have got the Windows Mixed Reality Portal running without a headset! Click Win+Y in order to switch controls between keyboard and display.
In Windows 10 you can easily select which folders get synced between OneDrive online and OneDrive folder on your hard drive but the File Explorer will not show you the data that is stored only on OneDrive cloud storage space. There is a method for overcoming this limitation which will let you see as well as access all the files which you have in OneDrive and that is to map it in a network drive. Mapping of OneDrive in Windows 10 will make it work similarly the way OneDrive works in Windows 8.1. You can see a full list of files and folders which are available even the ones which are not stored locally on your system. Once the OneDrive is mapped you can double click on any file which is stored online which will download it to your machine. You can also learn How to Format a Hard Drive For Windows 10. Now in order to map OneDrive as a Network Drive you can follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you are required to log into Onedrive.com.
- Now you need to copy the CID number from the address bar. These are actually the numbers and letters after the “cid=” part of the URL. Remember don’t include any other characters that separate the CID like % or &.
- Now in the Windows Explorer, go to This PC.
- Now you are required to click on Computer tab and then “Map network drive”.
- Now in the Folder field you need to enter https://d.docs.live.net/ which should be followed by CID which you had copied in the step 1.
- Now in the next step check the “Connect using different credentials” box.
- Now click Finish and the enter your OneDrive login.
- With these simple step you will see all of your OneDrive folders and files under This PC in Windows Explorer.
In this tutorial you will learn how to format an external drive in Windows 10. Witht he below mentioned step by step guide you can format the external drive on older versions of Windows i.e. Windows 7 and up. In this tutorial we will be using exFAT in place of FAT32 which is another filesystem that can be read by both windows and Mac. FAT32 has a maximum 4GB file size limit and on the other hand exFAT can work with files which are as large as 16EB (exabytes). In order to format the external drive you need to folllow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you need to connect the drive to your Windows PC.
- Now you need to open the Disk Management tool and it can be done by typing “diak format” or “disk management” in your Windows search or you can go to Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Create and format hard disk partitions.
- Now you need to right click on the external drive’s partition or the unallocated space which you want to format and select New Simple Volume…
- Now in the next step you are required to follow the wizard to select a volume size.
- IN the next step you are required to assigna drive letter.
- Now you need to select exFAT as the file system in the Format Partition screen.
- Now give the volume a new name.
- Now you need to click next and then click Finish.
- With these simple steps you will be able to format the drive as exFAT and you will also be able to use the drive on Windows.