In Windows 10 you can easily select which folders get synced between OneDrive online and OneDrive folder on your hard drive but the File Explorer will not show you the data that is stored only on OneDrive cloud storage space. There is a method for overcoming this limitation which will let you see as well as access all the files which you have in OneDrive and that is to map it in a network drive. Mapping of OneDrive in Windows 10 will make it work similarly the way OneDrive works in Windows 8.1. You can see a full list of files and folders which are available even the ones which are not stored locally on your system. Once the OneDrive is mapped you can double click on any file which is stored online which will download it to your machine. You can also learn How to Format a Hard Drive For Windows 10. Now in order to map OneDrive as a Network Drive you can follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you are required to log into Onedrive.com.
- Now you need to copy the CID number from the address bar. These are actually the numbers and letters after the “cid=” part of the URL. Remember don’t include any other characters that separate the CID like % or &.
- Now in the Windows Explorer, go to This PC.
- Now you are required to click on Computer tab and then “Map network drive”.
- Now in the Folder field you need to enter https://d.docs.live.net/ which should be followed by CID which you had copied in the step 1.
- Now in the next step check the “Connect using different credentials” box.
- Now click Finish and the enter your OneDrive login.
- With these simple step you will see all of your OneDrive folders and files under This PC in Windows Explorer.